I've been screwing around in Final Cut again. This time, I've whipped up a fairly craptacular Star Trek-style teleporter effect. Ingredients:
- Scrunched up tin-foil waved in front of the camera to create shiny particles
- Footage of myself wandering around the back yard like an idiot, hoping the neighbours don't look over the fence
- A mask of my shape, used to isolate the shiny particles to only appear where I'm standing
- A sound effect created in GarageBand by layering all sorts of instruments and pitchbending them in directions they don't want to be bent
- An insert shot of my iPhone with a Star Trek LCARS graphic on it, with some beepy sound effects
I had plans to make more of these. We'll see. For now, enjoy.
(Also, I'm aware that the iPhone's interface appears when I press the buttons. It was just an image stored in my gallery. Next time, I'll motion track a screen replacement.)