Here's another quick YouTube dawdle. In this case, I'm experimenting with using my Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 lens for video on my Canon 600D. Apart from some exposure issues which are easy to deal with, it works splendidly and I'll be exploiting its smooth focus and awesome depth of field in the future! Music is an original, A Step Backwards, which you can find here in its entirety, should it take your fancy. A bunch of other original tunes are over on my SoundCloud.
I've been screwing around in Final Cut again. This time, I've whipped up a fairly craptacular Star Trek-style teleporter effect. Ingredients:
- Scrunched up tin-foil waved in front of the camera to create shiny particles
- Footage of myself wandering around the back yard like an idiot, hoping the neighbours don't look over the fence
- A mask of my shape, used to isolate the shiny particles to only appear where I'm standing
- A sound effect created in GarageBand by layering all sorts of instruments and pitchbending them in directions they don't want to be bent
- An insert shot of my iPhone with a Star Trek LCARS graphic on it, with some beepy sound effects
I had plans to make more of these. We'll see. For now, enjoy.
(Also, I'm aware that the iPhone's interface appears when I press the buttons. It was just an image stored in my gallery. Next time, I'll motion track a screen replacement.)